Your personal information is protected by law. SCRA will only use your information to help Reporters and Children’s Hearings make decisions about you.
Why do we keep your information?
Sometimes we may share your information with other child protection and justice agencies to help keep you safe and well. We have a short guide which provides you with more information. If you would like more information we have a longer guide available here.
SCRA’s Information Commitment
SCRA takes pride in keeping your information safe. We recognise that you care about how information about you is used and shared. We appreciate your trust and that is why in return we will:
- Let you know why we have information about you and how we intend to use your information.
- Protect your information and keep it safe.
- Only share your information with people authorised to see it.
- Record your information accurately and consistently.
- Not keep your information for any longer than necessary.
In return, we ask that you try to:
- Tell us if you move address or there are any changes.
- Help us to keep your information accurate and up to date.
- Tell us about any changes you want to make to your information (for example, the name you want us to use in our communications with you).
Please contact your Reporter if you would like to know more about how your information will be used.