Asking for your information

Have you or are you involved in the Children’s Hearings System? Do you know you have the right to ask for your information? It is the law. 

At SCRA, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to access information we hold about you.  

You can make a Subject Access Request. It sounds complicated, but don’t worry, we will do our best to help you and we have a variety of information materials available. 

Full guidance document
Easy read guide
Leaflet for young people

Want to make a request for your information? Here’s some key things to help you:

  • We only hold information about your life leading up to when you’re 18 years old.

  • There is no form to fill in. All you need to do is to ask for the information.  

  • When asking for your information, it is best if you contact us by email or by letter.

  • If you are not sure what information you are looking for, please ask us.

  • To keep your information safe, we always ask for ID.

Are you Care Experienced?

If you have experience of the Children’s Hearings System, there are times you might want to ask us for information held about you. To find out more click on the button below.

Any questions? Please ask!

You can get in touch via:

  • You can email us at: This mailbox is checked several times a day so that we pick up and deal with requests quickly.
  • Or send a letter to: Data Protection Officer, SCRA, Ochil House, Springkerse Business Park, Stirling FK7 7XE.

Jargon buster

There might be some words or phrases that you aren’t sure what they mean. Click on the button below for an explanation.

Privacy information
Freedom of information

Receive our e-news bulletin

Enter email to sign up to our newsletter

There has been a problem submitting your email address

Thank you for signing up to the SCRA Newsletter!