- To facilitate the work of Children's Reporters,
- To deploy and manage staff to carry out that work,
- To provide suitable accommodation for Children's Hearings.
The Children’s Hearings System provides the operational setting in which SCRA and our partner agencies work. The aim is to provide a safety net for vulnerable children and deliver tailored solutions which meet the needs of the individuals involved, while helping to build stronger families and safer communities.
SCRA's role and purpose
- Make effective decisions about a need to refer a child to a Children’s Hearing,
- Enable children and families to participate in Hearings,
- Provide suitable accommodation and facilities for Children's Hearings,
- Disseminate information and data to inform and influence improved outcomes for children and young people.